There’s still a few weeks left of summer, so make sure you make the most of it. Here’s six ideas for wringing the last drops of fun out of the warmer months, with plenty here to keep children of all ages occupied.
1) This weekend is the Bank Holiday, and Sunday 25th is children’s day at the Notting Hill Carnival. With colourful costume parades, drums and music, this is one of the most vibrant events in London for families
2) Why not spontaneously book a train ticket to somewhere you’ve never been before, and go on a family adventure? If you download the Trainline free mobile app, you can search for and book the cheapest tickets for your journey (you can still make savings up to 6pm the day before you travel)
3) Lets face it, it’s likely to rain at some point in the next few weeks; so why not have an indoor picnic, cinema day or make life size drawings? Take a look at our rainy day ideas for children
4) And if you’re still bored, here’s some thrifty activities for kids – with 301 ideas, there’s plenty to keep everyone occupied
5) If you’re looking for something to do outdoors, Littlewoods interactive summer holiday map is a wealth of information, with a lots of different events happening in various locations across the country. Check in with your local children’s centres too – Fran has written about children’s sessions and events taking place in Surrey
6) And if you’ve just had a baby, make sure you get out and about, even if it’s for a quick walk (here’s a list of my favourite child-friendly parks). If you’re anxious about feeding in public, read our tips for breastfeeding when you’re out and about
If you’re getting up to anything fun over the next few weeks, let us know!
Gillian blogs over at A Baby on Board about London life as a new mum, covering everything from baby clothes to beauty products and breastfeeding.She lives with her one year old daughter Eliza and husband Alex in south London.